MechDesigner can model any Cam Type
From a complete machine to a simple mechanical device, MechDesigner will generate the exact cam and cam-coordinates for your needs.
All cams can be found with forward-kinematics and inverse-kinematics. You can design the motion for any part in a mechanism and add the cam to any other part. MechDesigner will calculate the exact cam coordinates and export them in a number of formats.
Cams and Cam-Followers that:
- do not move, they are fixed in the machine frame
- are not joined to the machine frame - e.g. a coupler
The shape of a Cam-Followers can be any geometric shape.
- Circular: Cylindrical or Tapered
- Flat-Faced Followers
- Lozenge or Boat shapes, as needed for cable or thread 'winder' cams.
- Packaging sectional shapes - such as bottles.
The standard Cam and Cam-Followers arrangements are obviously possible.
- Rotating Cam with Swinging / Translating Cam-Follower
- Linear Cam with Swinging / Translating Cam-Follower
- Stationary 'turret' Cam for rotary machines, wth Swinging or Translating Cam-Follower
- Stationary 'ramp' Cam with Linear Drive and Swinging / Translating Cam-Follower
- Plate [Flat] Cam - with swinging and translating follower
- Track Cams - with swinging or translating cam-follower
- Conjugate-Cams (internal or external) with swinging and translating cam-followers
- Stationary Plate and Linear Cams with swinging and translating follower
- Cams along a belt, chain, or any cam path.
- Barrel Cam: with swinging and translating arm follower
- Barrel translating cam with 'twist' cam-followers.
- Globoidal Cam: with an oscillating or indexing cam-follower turret.
- Parallel (conjugate) with an oscillating or indexing cam-follower turret.
- Pitch Centre Path for Circular Cam-Followers
- Internal and external coordinates for the cam-follower contact point
- 20 to 2,000,000 points - useful for large or even enormous Labeler or Filling Machine Cams.
- Points at:
- Equal 'machine angle' steps.
- Biarcs - Arcs that are tangential with a 'maximum chordal error' to minimize the size of the data file.
- Cam data file formats:
- SOLIDWORKS Curve Feature