MechDesigner can model virtually any Cam Type that you may need in a machine or device.
Cams and Cam-Followers that are:
- 'Floating' Parts, or non-grounded Parts - such as a 'coupler'
The shape of a Cam-Followers can be any geometric shape.
- Standard Followers are: Circular (Cylindrical for Globoidal Cams) and Flat-Faced
- Non-Standard Shapes are: Lozenge and 'Boat'
The 'Standard' Cam and Cam-Followers arrangements are obviously possible.
- Rotating Drive Motion with Swinging Arm / Lever Follower
- Rotating Drive Motion with Translating Linear Output
- Linear Drive Motion with Swinging Arm / Lever Follower
- Linear Drive Motion with Translating Linear Follower Output
- Stationary Plate Cam with Swinging Arm Follower
- Plate or Flat Cam - with swinging and translating follower
- Conjugate Cams (internal or external, rib or track - with swinging and translating follower)
- Stationary Plate and Linear Cams with swinging and translating follower
- Barrel Cam: with swinging and translating arm follower
- Globoidal Cam: with swinging and translating arm follower
- Pitch Centre Path for Circular Cam-Followers
- Internal and external coordinates of cam-follower contact point
- 20 to 2,000,000 points - useful for large or even enormous Labeler or Filling Machine Cams.
- Points at:
- Equal 'machine angle' steps, or
- Use an algorithm of 'maximum chordal error' to minimizes the number of unnecessary points in the data file
- Data Format:
- DXF output
- SolidWorks Part File Generation for Globoidal and Barrel Cams - directly from MechDesigner. Just watch your Barrel or Globoidal Cam be transferred from MechDesigner to SolidWorks with just three mouse clicks.
- Flat Cams - transfer Internal, External and Pitch Circle Path to SolidWorks.